Saturday, March 8, 2014

Formula for a Happy Face; Feed the Body with Good, Mind with Truth, and Soul with Beauty

                “Being beautiful is easy, because it is natural”, it’s not the exact words she uttered but it was Imelda Marcos’s point why she insist to be gorgeous on everybody’s eyes all the time. Well no doubt she is pretty with good voice, followed by men and was the most experienced and knowledgeable person in politics for her children. She was even able to hook in a glimpse of an eye the former President, Marcos. Imelda was famous of her shoes and her presence during the whole electoral campaign of her husband. They are the greatest love/ tag team of that period and were able to persuade the Filipino nation that they deserve to lead the country.
                There’s so much to say about how they live wealthily in the palace, how they lavishly held parties and bought tons of shoes and dresses. But the real thing about her that really annoys me was her way of giving rationale for everything. I just don’t get her. I can’t understand if she was stupid (probably not), weird, sick, pretending to be just like that to make her look innocent (I don’t know what I can do if I happen to see her) or just dumb enough to have too much self confidence and belief to herself. It was just like what one interviewee said in the film that when she thought of something, she believes that it was the best idea in the world. She might even think that she was entitled to have control of the public purse. She brags that she was the representation of the Philippines, being beautiful at all times for she was a model for every Filipino. But she never gets the point that Filipinos never look like that. We never look so beautiful to make ourselves outrageous enough to make people laugh.

                 I never understand her, and probably I won’t bother more to understand her. Still I thank her existence, because I realized how fortunate am I to be just a normal person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment